Tuesday, October 9, 2012
My Super Seven Cardinal Prospects
There is no doubt in my mind that the seven prospects that I am about to talk about will the majors in the next five years, not all of them but a few will find their way to the big club.
1. Oscar Tavarez is at this time the Cardinals organization hot item. Oscar can hit at any level. I was told he gave Texas League pitchers problems. His batting line at Springfield reads like this, 23HR...94RBIs...37Doubles....321BA. Very imprressive. Tavarez has also made the MLB list of top 100 prospects at #13. I hope to see him soon as our starting outfielder.
2. Shelby Miller was quite a story this year. Had some problems early this year and worked through it. Made his way on the Cardinals team and now he makes his debut tonight as the starting pitcher against the Reds. I expect to see him this spring training to compete for a spot on the roster.
3. Kolten Wong another fun second baseman to watch. Kolten was sent to the futures game during this years All-Star Game in KC. With Tyler Greene gone and the possibility of Schumacher ending his career with the Cardinals after 2012, Wong could be our starting second baseman very soon.
4. Carlos Martinez has the best curve ball as a rookie in the Cardinals system hands down. I predict him to be in the Cards starting rotation in 2015.
5. Tyrell Jenkins, despite having a season ending injury to his shoulder he still makes my list. This 6'4 lanky right hander can command his pitches that are clocked in the mid-90s. His fastball reaches n the low 90s.
6. Trevor Rosenthal was promoted to the Cardinals for one reason only, he throws heat.. He
has been clocked at 100, 101 and 99 mph. Would love to see him a part of the rotation for 2013 if the Cards don't sign Lohse.
7. Matt Adams came up when Lance Berkman went down at the beginning of this season. Had a decent stop up here in the bigs but fell hard when developing soreness in his elbow. Still a promising career but the Cardinals maybe looking at him as a trading chip.